[ovs-discuss] Forwarding between Multiple interfaces Openflow

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Mar 1 05:47:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Aaron Rosen <arosen at clemson.edu> wrote:
> Is there anyway to prevent this from happening if I want to send the
> packet to 192.168.1.2? I tried removing the ip address at dp0 (which
> was 192.168.1.2) and then adding a route for this subnetwork out dev
> dp0 but packets don't seem to follow this route. An ICMP message of
> host 192.168.1.2 unreachable is just sent back.

I guess I don't understand what behavior you actually want.  Adding a
route for 192.168.1.0 on dp0 should cause packets destined to 192.168.1.2
to be forwarded out the Ethernet interface that is also attached to
the same bridge where dp0 is attached.  Is there a machine attached to
that network that has IP 192.168.1.2?  If not then I'd understand why a
host unreachable would eventually show up after ARP couldn't locate that
machine.