[ovs-discuss] Compile ovs for Andriod

Te-Yuan Huang huangty at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 3 05:53:22 UTC 2011

Hi Ben and all,

Thanks for the helps along the way.
We managed to compile the kernel module and user-space programs (i.e.,
ovs-dpctl, ovs-openflowd, and ovs-ofctl) on android.

We generated the scripts for cross-compiling, and it can be download at:
http://www.stanford.edu/~huangty/cross_compile_patches.tar.gz

The cross-compilation process is described in the README file.
Since we are not experts in cross-compilation, the process might not
be perfect.
But the generated file seems working under our preliminary tests.

However, for the process to work, we need to patch the original ovs codes.
The patches are mostly related to some missing definitions in Android systems.
All the patches can be found under cross_compile_patches/patches/ .
We are wondering if those can be merged in with the current ovs codes.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Te-Yuan