[ovs-discuss] Queue configuration

Syed Akbar Mehdi akbar.mehdi at seecs.nust.edu.pk
Fri Mar 4 18:17:58 UTC 2011

Thanks for your reply Ben. I am aware that Openflow cannot be used to
configure queues. What I am hoping to do is to pre-configure some queues on
the physical port of a switch. I was thinking of doing this using Linux tc
but as you indicate this can be done through the OVS database. Then the
Openflow controller can decide to set OFPAT_QUEUE as the action of certain
flows and map them to one of those queues. I do not want to configure any
properties of these queues at runtime using Openflow. Is this possible?

In case it is possible, I will need to specify the value of queue_id in
struct ofp_action_enqueue. I am assuming that I will get that while
configuring the queue.

--Akbar