[ovs-discuss] openvswitch rpms for RHEL (5.5 and 6.0)

Alexey I. Froloff raorn at altlinux.org
Wed Mar 16 10:49:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

It's me again, making RPMs for RHEL systems.  Attached file
contains spec, configuration files, initscript and networks
scripts.  This is a modified version of XEN-based openvswitch
packages.  We use this package on our KVM hypervisor.

Couple of words about network-scripts support.  OVS bridge can be
configured like:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0:
DEVICE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=a.b.c.d
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSBridge
OVS_EXTRA="br-set-external-id $DEVICE bridge-id $DEVICE"

VLAN port on top of OVS bridge:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-vlan10:
DEVICE=vlan10
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=a.b.c.d
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSPort
BRIDGE=br0
OVS_OPTIONS="tag=10"
OVS_EXTRA="set Interface $DEVICE type=internal -- set Interface $DEVICE external-ids:iface-id=$DEVICE"

Hope someone will find this useful.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/