[ovs-discuss] change switch vm is attached to at runtime

Tom Brown nextstate at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:12:25 UTC 2011

Hey guys!

I'm just starting out with openvswitch. I installed it and can attach vm's
to a vswitch. Now, I would like to simulate a user unplugging a network
cable from one switch and plugging into another. So, if I have vswitch1 and
vswitch2, I would like to be able to move a vm connection from vswtich1 to
vswitch2 without shutting down the vm. Is this possible? Is it more a
function of the vm? I'm using kvm, by the way.

Thanks!
Tom