[ovs-discuss] open vswitch QoS

ahmad numan numan252 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:40:52 UTC 2011

Hello
I am trying to implement the tutorial given in open vswitch documentation
about limiting the data rate using open vswitch QoS. I am using FC 13 with
"tun" and "sch_ingress" built as modules. I loaded these modules and used
physical interfaces instead of VMs. I configured the rate by following
commands.

ovs-vsctl set Interface eth0 ingress_policing_rate=1000
ovs-vsctl set Interface eth0 ingress_policing_burst=100

i set these parameters on one machine and run netserver on other machine.
Both machines have directly connected eth0s using a network cable. running
netperf on the configured machine does not change the data rate.

Please help me to indicate what wrong i am doing.
thanks

Ahmed Bilal