[ovs-discuss] duplicate port names in DB

Gregor Schaffrath grsch at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Tue May 3 12:37:53 UTC 2011

Hi again.

I found out that the duplicate entries do not stem from a MAC address issue, but from the fact that I use the std. debian /etc/network/interfaces file to set up my bridges...
It seems that the bridges are not eliminated from the DB upon shutdown, but the ports are added to the DB once more when the network script adds them to supposedly freshly created bridges.
(mind that brctl still reports a correct setup, but the DB now contains duplicate Port entries)
Is this behaviour intended? Is it a known bug?

Nonetheless, my question remains whether one can find out which entry is the correct one in the case of duplicate entries.

Best,
	Gregor.