[ovs-discuss] using routers to separate networks

Tom Brown nextstate at gmail.com
Wed May 4 00:37:45 UTC 2011

Gents,

I am trying to use routers to separate my vms from the network of the host
machine. You'll find a drawing of my network topology attached.

Each vm in the network is supposed to sit behind a router and use dhcp to
obtain an ip address from the dhcp server running on the router. However,
I'm finding that the dhcp request coming out of the vms is seen by dhcp
server on the host machine's network (our company dhcp server).

Can anybody point out where I went wrong and how I need to setup it up?

Thanks!
Tom