[ovs-discuss] ovs and libvirt

Jen-Wei Hu jenweihu at gmail.com
Wed May 4 03:20:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Currently, we use ovs to be the vSwitch in OpenNebula and work properly
after loading kernel module ovs-brcompatd. If we are right, we must load
ovs-brcompatd, the vm tool virt-manager could manage VMs smoothly. If we
don't do this, that is, we create bridge from ovs command, virt-manager will
complain that it didn't know the bridge and fail to create VM. But, today I
got the forum message from
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-May/005127.html, the experts
say it will be remove this module in the later time. My question is if it
really remove ovs-brcompatd later, how ovs to take this work? Or currently,
the ovs could do this while we are not work hard to know it?

Thanks

Jen-Wei