[ovs-discuss] using routers to separate networks

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed May 4 18:00:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 05:37:45PM -0700, Tom Brown wrote:
> Each vm in the network is supposed to sit behind a router and use dhcp to
> obtain an ip address from the dhcp server running on the router. However,
> I'm finding that the dhcp request coming out of the vms is seen by dhcp
> server on the host machine's network (our company dhcp server).

Looking at your diagram, the only connections from each vm to the
"outside world" are through a router or a br network device.  To me
this suggests a few possibilities:

	* The routers are forwarding the DHCP requests.

	* The br network devices are forwarding the DHCP requests.

	* There is an additional network device attached to one of
          your bridges, that is not shown.

Have you investigated each of these possibilities?