[ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch, brcompatd & OpenVZ on Debian

Sam Gaw hello at samgaw.co.uk
Thu May 5 11:20:05 UTC 2011

Thanks Gregor.

That's what I thought but if I configure the bridge, either with ovs-vsctl or brctl, and do an ifup the box kernel panics. If I follow the cookbook example and then join the veth interface to it I can't see the container but get a response from pings; if I assign an IP to the bridge I can connect to the hardware node that OVS is running on.

I think this is more pilot error than anything else. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers.

---
Sam