[ovs-discuss] Anti-spoof rules with vlans on XCP (XENSERVER)...

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Thu May 5 15:39:44 UTC 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 4:03 AM, Kristoffer Egefelt wrote:

> From the pool master i get:
>
> #ovs-vsctl get-controller xapi5
> ssl:10.10.3.250:6633
>
> Probably because I tried the Citrix controller at some point - should it work if I delete it with:
>
> #ovs-vsctl del-controller xapi5
>
> is it safe?

Yes.

I assume by the Citrix controller, you mean their DVS (Distributed Virtual Switch).  If you don't want to run it anymore, you're likely going to want to have OVS stop trying to connect to it over the management channel.  You may want to see if the DVS User Manual indicates a way to no longer associate your switch with that controller.  If not, we can share a script with you that will remove the configuration from XAPI.

> Running:
> ovs-vsctl get-fail-mode xapi5
> returns nothing...

That means you are using the default, which is standalone (fail-open).  If you don't need the controller connection, I'd recommend removing that rather than messing with the fail-mode.

--Justin