[ovs-discuss] VMWare?

Jaime Nebrera jnebrera at eneotecnologia.com
Mon May 9 14:58:52 UTC 2011

   Hi all,

   I'm aware Open VSwitch doesnt currently support VMWare as stated in
the FAQ:

"Open vSwitch can currently run on any Linux-based virtualization
platform (kernel 2.6.18 and newer), including:  KVM, VirtualBox, Xen,
Xen Cloud Platform, XenServer. The bulk of the code is written in
platform-independent C and is easily ported to other environments.  We
welcome inquires about integrating Open vSwitch with other
virtualization platforms."

   My question is, is anybody working on this? Is it a planned feature?
Any cost idea?

   I'm really impressed by OVS capabilities but sadly VMWare is the
dominant player in virtualization world right now and seems quite hard
to convince people to switch, specially since RHEL seems not very open
about its virtualization platform product.

   Kind regards

Jaime Nebrera - jnebrera at eneotecnologia.com
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL
C/ Manufactura 2, Edificio Euro, Oficina 3N
Mairena del Aljarafe - 41927 - Sevilla
Telf.- 955 60 11 60 / 619 04 55 18