[ovs-discuss] VMWare?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Mon May 9 22:17:43 UTC 2011

Hi, Jaime.  It is true that OVS is written in such a way that it should be easily portable to other platforms.  Unfortunately, VMware ESX is not open source, so we can't add support ourselves.  While VMware is dominant in the enterprise, Linux-based hypervisors are more prevalent in cloud build-outs.  That said, we'd love to be a part of VMware, so we encourage people to talk to their VMware representatives or channels about including OVS.

Thanks!

--Justin