[ovs-discuss] add-queue in ovs-dpctl

Anil Vishnoi vishnoianil at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:15:42 UTC 2011

Hi Justin/Team,

I looked into the ovs-vsctl man page and tried to create the queues. But
from the man page description it looks like that its very much stick to the
ovs-vswitchd rather then ovs-openflowd.I am using openvswtich-1.1.0pre2
version. Following are the steps which i used to configure the queue

1. loaded the datapath kernel module
2. added two interface eth1 and eth2 to the datapath dp0
3. Initialized the configuration database using ovsdb-tools.
4. started the ovsdb-server
5. tried to add queue on eth1 port using ovs-vsctl.But it throws error
saying
ovs-vsctl: no row "eth1" in table port.

Any idea about this error and how can we resolve this. As far as I explored,
looks to me that queues created through ovs-vsctl can be used with
ovs-vswitchd only and not with ovs-openflowd.is it the case ?

I didn't get any detail on how we can use flow action *enqueue* ( through
ovs-ofctl ) with queue created through ovs-vsctl.

Or we need to create queue's through other way to use them with *enqueue?*

Thanks
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards