[ovs-discuss] open vswitch traffic through ethernet switches

ahmad numan numan252 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:59:18 UTC 2011

Hello

I configured a bridge using open vswitch on two machines connected directly
with each other via cross cable. I assigned an ip to bridge and the machines
are pinging. Then i configured bridge on two machines connected with each
other through ethernet switch on same network  but they are not pinging
after bridge configuration (more precisely when i add ethernet port of any
machine to bridge). My question is that whether open vswitch bridge traffic
can be passed through ethernet switches without any special configuration on
switch or not. If it can pass through the switch then why two machines are
not pinging in my topology.
Thanks

Ahmed Bilal