[ovs-discuss] qos capabilities

Vjekoslav Brajkovic balkan at cs.washington.edu
Thu May 26 23:13:18 UTC 2011

Hello.

I've noticed that the latest OVS release has support for QoS and was
wondering if someone could answer couple of questions.

1) Are there any examples out there that would help me understand its
   use-cases?  So far the only thing I've managed to find was this
   link:  http://openvswitch.org/?page_id=267

2) I have quite a bit of experience with rate-limiting support that
   was introduced with the patch submitted by Jean Tourrilhes.  In
   that version, one is able to add/delete filters from the controller
   and dynamically add flows to those classes.  By looking at the code
   I was unable to find anything similar -- is that the case or am I
   missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Vjeko