[ovs-discuss] Behaviour of OVS for VLAN id 0.

Aimal Khan aimal.khan at xflowresearch.com
Thu Nov 17 06:49:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am having some issues in understanding how OVS deals with VLAN id = 0.
(Using ovs v1.2.0 and NOX).

For example: I have the following flow in the switch:

cookie=0x0, duration=7.931s, table=0, n_packets=0, n_bytes=0,
dl_vlan=0,dl_vlan_pcp=0 actions=output:3
(only VLAN and VLAN priority are set.)

What values of *vlan id* and *vlan pcp* of an inbound packet will allow it
to match successfully with the flow given above?
I have tried tagged (vlan id = 0 and vlan pcp = 0) and untagged packets;
the packets were NOT successfully matching the flow described above.

Regards,
Khan