[ovs-discuss] iptables and openvswitch

Kurt Bauer kurt.bauer at univie.ac.at
Wed Nov 23 09:40:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm quite new to openvswitch, so if I oversee smth. very obvious please
dont't be to harsh ;-).

Till now I used standard linux bridging in my XEN-Environment. Using the
'net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-...' Kernel Parameters I was able to firewall
bridged traffic per XEN-Guest, defining seperate chains per DomU.

Is smth. similar possible with openvswitch too, ie. having a 'central'
iptables firewall in XEN Dom0 handling the rules for bridged/switched
traffic targeting various XEN DomUs?

Thanks for your help,
best regards,
Kurt

--
Kurt Bauer <kurt.bauer at univie.ac.at>
Vienna University Computer Center - ACOnet - VIX