[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch and Linux containers

Aishwarya aishu85 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 03:10:59 UTC 2011

Hi Jesse,

So I did the following:
1. Started openvswitch on the host.
2. Created a bridge and interface to attach the container to, and started
the containers. The containers are able to communicate with the host using
ovs.
3. Now, I am starting vms within the container. So, before this I am
creating another bridge within the container to attach the vms to, and also
trying to create tap interfaces for the vms to add to teh bridge, as I would
do usually without containers. But I get the following error:

Sep 30 19:57:50|00002|stream_unix|ERR|/tmp/stream-unix.25326.0: connection
to openvswitch_necessaryfiles_kernel465/ovs_database/db.sock failed:
Connection refused

I think vsctl is not able to connect to the database socket. If I run the
exact same command from the  base default container where I started
openvswitch, I do not get this error. The container is other wise able to
get to the directory openvswitch_necessaryfiles_kernel465/ovs_database.  Do
you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Aish