[ovs-discuss] how to to dump-flows for openvswitch user space only

anand kunde anand.kunde at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:20:10 UTC 2011

Hi All,
        I am trying to use the open vswitch userspace mode (without kernel
support). However, it seems like the commands ovs-dpctl dump-flows and
ovs-dpctl show does not work for user space mode. I created the bridge br1
with datapath_type as "netdev" as per the instructions ovs user space mode
instructions.  Please clarify my doubt.

Following are the logs in my case:

anand at anand:~$ ovs-dpctl show
   Oct 11 11:32:16|00001|dpif_linux|ERR|Generic Netlink family
'odp_datapath' does    not exist. The Open vSwitch kernel module is probably
not loaded.
Oct 11 11:32:16|00002|dpif|WARN|failed to enumerate system datapaths: No
such file or directory
anand at anand:~$ ovs-dpctl dump-flows br1
Oct 11 11:45:35|00001|dpif_linux|ERR|Generic Netlink family 'odp_datapath'
does not exist. The Open vSwitch kernel module is probably not loaded.
ovs-dpctl: opening datapath (No such file or directory)

Thanks & Regards,
Anand Kunde