[ovs-discuss] How to use Click with OVS

Hamid Farhadi hamid.farhadi.nsc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:00:23 UTC 2011

Hi

I made a simple integration of Click router and OVS. when I receive a
packet, I modify it with Click then pass it to OVS via an Internal port
(Tap0) and then receive it from another port of OVS (i.e. Tap1) and
modify it again using Click and send it out of the box:

eth0 -> Click -> tap0 -> OVS -> tap1 -> Click -> eth0

both taps are internal ports made by OVS. once I send a packet to eth0,
the CPU goes up and system hangs down. I think there is a loop in
system. as the config, I have only two taps connected to br0. I am using
click kernel module.
any help pls?

Hamid