[ovs-discuss] How to use Click with OVS

Hamid Farhadi hamid.farhadi.nsc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:25:27 UTC 2011

Thank you very much Jesse,

any command you wanna see the output please?
My environment:
Ubuntu 10.10 2.6.35-30-generic inside a VMware Fusion. actually I am
testing on this single machine. my route table is empty and I am doing
everything on L2. I mean I do not use ARP/IP. I just set destination MAC
directly on the packet using Click and send it over an interface. this
is my simple click configuration file that starts the loop:

FromDevice(eth0) -> Queue -> ToDevice(tap1);

Also, one time I got the this message in dmesg: "/Dead loop on virtual
device/ tap1, fix urgently"

this message is occurs when a virtual device's hard_start_xmit()
function tries to transmit a packet using itself as output device.

Hamid