[ovs-discuss] Bad OpenFlow buffer IDs, etc.

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:38:17 UTC 2011

Most tests pass here too.  Exceptions are:
110: ovs-ofctl dump-flows honors -F option         (ovs-ofctl.at:500)
565: strings at least 2 characters long - Python   (ovsdb-data.at:458)
933: --id option on create, get commands           (ovs-vsctl.at:816)

The problem with buffer IDs is in ofputil_encode_packet_in() which
writes to an unaligned ofp_packet_in pointer.

Any thoughts on a good way to fix this, or how to locate other places
where the same thing may be happening (there's no warning or anything)?

-- Murphy