[ovs-discuss] Changing OVS versions in XenServer

David Erickson derickso at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 8 00:29:31 UTC 2011

Hi all-
Is there a specific procedure for moving between OVS versions in
XenServer?  I've done this a few times, and frequently I find myself in
a situation where the xenbr0 device has completely disappeared, and I
couldn't find a way to restore it other than re-installing Xen.  In
particular I believe I've had success doing an rpm upgrade to newer Xen
versions, however I think any time I've removed the OVS rpm's to install
an older version I've lost the xenbr0 instance.  Any tips/suggestions
are welcome.

Thanks,
David