[ovs-discuss] Connect switch to controller

Lucas Henrique Mauricio lhmauricio at poli.ufrj.br
Thu Sep 8 19:26:27 UTC 2011

Hello everybody!

I'm having a little problem with putting a switch and a controller
working together.

I have the NOX (Zaku) controller installed in my host and an
openvswitch (v1.2.1) running as openflow switch in a virtual machine
created with VirtualBox. The virtual machine has an interface (eth1)
connected to the host. Before setting datapaths, the vm can reach the
host, but when I set a datapath, the vm can't. When I used openvswitch
(v1.1.0) and NOX (v0.5) in the same machine, I just had to do
ovs-openflowd dp# tcp:<ip of controller>:<port> to connect the switch
to the controller.

What can I do to solve this? I don't even know the command that
substitutes ovs-openflowd in the openvswitch v1.2.1.. =( Is it
ovs-ofctl? How can I use it?

Thanks in advance!

--
Lucas Henrique Mauricio