[ovs-discuss] how to initialize openvswitch in listen mode

Aishwarya aishu85 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:43:25 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

That is correct. Right now, I am doing it from the same machine running
vswitchd. The ofctl doc says the argument should be show *switch*

and the methos of connection seemed to me like I need to give the switch
argument as unix:... or tcp:.... . Is my understanding wrong? (is it
different if I need to connect to the switch from a different machine?)

Thanks,
Aish