[ovs-discuss] Creating a tunnel between two hosts/VMs

faiza anwar faiza.anwar07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 07:35:16 UTC 2011

I want to create an tunnel between two virtual machines using openvswitch
for experimentation. I plan to install openvswitch on both the virtual
machines and create a tunnel on both of them like it was done in a previous
thread.

ovs-vsctl create interface name=gre0 type=gre option:remote_p=x.x.x.x
ovs-vsctl create port name=gre0 interfaces=[ ]
ovs-vsctl add bridge br0 ports [ ]

And I will bridge the created machines with the eth0 interface of my
physical machine. Is this configuration correct? do I need any further
configuration on the host? And what will be the difference in configuration
if i want to create an encrypted IPsec tunnel between two virtual machines?