[ovs-discuss] How to run ovs-vswitchd as non-root

Aishwarya aishu85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 01:15:46 UTC 2011

Ok.. Apart from this, I also notice if I use ovs-vsctl add br0 without sudo,
it does not give me any error immediately, but when I try to set an ip
address for the br0 interface with sudo ifconfig, it says "no such device
exists". Is this because when run without sudo, vsctl add-br is not doing
this correctly? It may be helpful to see an error message in such a case.

Thanks,
AIsh