[ovs-discuss] Naive doubts regarding openvswitch

Ajith Adapa adapa.ajith at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 09:18:57 UTC 2011

Sorry accidentally I dropped my mail to OVS-dev mailing list instead of
discuss list. Correcting the same.

Hi,

I am a new member down to OVS and really interested in OVS. I have gone
through some of the docs available in documentation area. I have few (might
be naive) doubts regarding OVS

   - Is OVS a kernel module with more integration into hypervisor level
   providing switching option for multiple VMs running on top of the hypervisor
   ?
   - Regarding test-setup I guess I cant test it directly on linux running
   on a VM .. As per the doc available for replacing the linux default bridge
   with OVS will not be supported if the linux is running on a VM ?
   - I see OVS supports virtual box but I havent found any doc regarding it
   ?

Thanks in advance for starting up a opensource project on vswitch :)

Regards,
Ajith