[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch and Linux containers

Aishwarya aishu85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 03:11:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to run openvswitch and vms within linux containers. I am
separating out the network and mount spaces within the container, so that I
can reuse ip addresses for the vms within the container. So, what I need is
that the openvswitch running in one container should not see the flows
configured in the openvswitch running in the other container. Does
openvswitch support this kind of setup (considering that the flows are
ultimately written into the kernel module, which is going to be identical
for both containers) or can we configure it in some way to have this
property?

Thanks,
Aish