[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch and Linux containers

Aishwarya aishu85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 17:05:50 UTC 2011

Hi Jesse,

Could you elaborate a little on that? I did not exactly get that. The vms
within different containers can have the same ip addresses. For eg, lets say
container 1 C1 has vm 1. Container 2 C2 also has vm 2. Now,I have another
host with 2 containers as well, C3 AND C4, both of which have a vm 3 and vm4
respectively which have the same ip addresses. Now, I want all packets going
from C1 to go to C3 and from C2 to go to C4. When I configure flows for this
within the root namespace, I will have 2 flows for destination address of
vm3/vm4, one of them saying that any packet destined for this address should
go to C3 and the other saying packet destined to this same address should go
to C4. This is my confusion. How will this work?

Thanks,
Aish