[ovs-discuss] Problem with KVM Creating Bridge

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Apr 4 17:32:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 12:23:36PM -0600, Jon wrote:
> Yesterday, when I ran the ovs-vsctl commands, I was able to successfully
> start my VMs, I had a power outage, and the machine was rebooted, today I
> am unable to "add the bridge" again, because it already exists, but I am
> unable to use the bridge.

That is strange.  What's in the OVS log from the time that
ovs-vswitchd started up?

OVS by default persists the bridge setup from one boot to another.  If
you want to instead delete all the bridges at boot then you can
configure it to do that, by ensuring that --delete-bridges gets passed
to ovs-ctl from your startup scripts.