[ovs-discuss] get ovs-dpctl stat remotely

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Apr 6 02:43:15 UTC 2012

No, you can't get the stats remotely from ovs-dpctl.  You can use ovs-ofctl, but it will only give you stats for the flows that you've defined.  ovs-ofctl can work remotely, as described in the man page.

If you just want visibility into the traffic flowing through your switch, you may want to look at the built in NetFlow or sFlow support.

--Justin