[ovs-discuss] Questions on ovs with xen4.1

huntxu mhuntxu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 08:10:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:37:18 +0800, <lv.erchun at zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hello,
> I install OVS1.3.0 on centos6.2,my xen version is v4.1, when I use the
> xen script to create ovs bridge,there are some error like this:
> error: "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables" is an unknown key
> error: "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables" is an unknown key
> error: "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables" is an unknown key
> the script file xen-network-common.sh of xen4.1 added the following
> command:
>         sysctl -q -w "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables=0"
>         sysctl -q -w "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables=0"
>         sysctl -q -w "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables=0"
>
> the linux bridge module has the kernel parameter
> bridge-nf-call-arptables/bridge-nf-call-ip6tables/bridge-nf-call-iptables,
> so the scripts xen-network-common.sh can works well, if I use the ovs
> bridge, how can I resolve the problem?
> thanks very much!

You could simply delete these commands in the script to avoid these
annoying
error reports.
Then take a look at previous discussions [1] and [2] if you need filtering
or
anti-spoofing.

[1]. http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-November/006033.html
[2]. http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2012-February/006442.html