[ovs-discuss] open vswitch adding virtual host leading loss internet connectivity from physical host

Abhy Padiyar abhyoday at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:42:21 UTC 2012

Hi

I am trying open vswitch to try out connect to vm host running on diffrent
physical host.

I am facing some similar to one described in the this forum link
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-April/004979.html

i tried following
ovs-vsctl add-br br0
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0

I would like virtual host on m1 to connect to vm host on m2.
But once i add the eth0 to my virtual sw br0 ...i am not able to connect to
internet either from vm host or physical host.
on wireshark all the traffic seems to come to br0...i suspect why normal
linux eth driver processing the normal traffic via eth0 ...

I need your help to understand the problem and fix it....could you please
share your views