[ovs-discuss] strip vlan tag for access ports

Michael A. Collins mike.a.collins at ark-net.org
Sat Apr 21 15:03:55 UTC 2012

I have been using OVS in native-vlan mode to allow a vlan to pass
through a trunk and then back without a tag.  I use Xen and the
Paravirtual nic drivers they have for Windows do not support vlan tags
at all.  All packets are dropped.  The native vlan mode has been
working, but it only allows me to use one vlan for all my virtual
machines.  Is there a way to have OVS just strip the vlan tag if it
sends it to a port that is in access mode?  Thanks.
Mike