[ovs-discuss] warning messages regarding buffer space and unknown buffer

junaid khalid junaid.khalid at seecs.nust.edu.pk
Wed Apr 25 05:28:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 09:43:50AM +0500, junaid khalid wrote:

> module? We
> problem
> ovs-vswitchd
> > > and
> > >
> > > You said you have 100,000 flows.  How many packets in each flow?
> > >
> > we are generating packets in a round robin fashion, approx. 6 packets per
> > flow per sec.
>
> You might want to increase the flow eviction threshold to 100000 then.
> See the documentation in ovs-vswitchd.conf.db(5).

We have also tried that. We set the flow eviction threshold to 100,000 and
added a periodic print in the kernel module to check the number of entries
in the flow table in kernel module. We noticed that, although the flow
table size in userspace is 100,000 (from dump-aggregate command), but the
flow table size in kernel module increases gradually and the error
continues to come up till the kernel table is completely filled with 100000
entries.