[ovs-discuss] OVS connectivity with virtual machines

Rana Adil rana_adil at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:42:47 UTC 2012

What I did is i created following configuration
$ ovs-vsctl show
57ba158c-7afc-45d3-a726-24914a2b2b36
    Bridge "br0"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal
        Port "eth2"
            Interface "eth2"
                type: internal
        Port "eth1"
            Interface "eth1"
                type: internal

I can select any of br0,eth1,eth2 interface to connect with when I install virtual machine in virtual box. My host contain only eth0 where as eth1 and eth2 are added in bridge as internal ports.

By connected I means I selected eth1 as bridge interface when connecting virtual machine with OVS .
What I want to do is enable two virtual machine to communicate using open Vswitch. Just like they are connected as physical switch.

Regards