[ovs-discuss] how to fliter arp requests from being forwarded to the gre ports

Aishwarya aishu85 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:36:12 UTC 2012

Ok. Thanks. Is there a way to check what ports a particular packet is being
sent on? Like a capture functionality on a port? When I run tcpdump on br0
interface, I sometimes don't see some packets going through that at all.
For eg, in my setup I have 2 hosts. On host1, I have a vm1 ip 192.168.0.2/24.
On H2 , I have a vm2 192.168.0.3/24. H1 AND H2 are connected through a gre
port on br0. When I ping from vm1 to vm2, and capture packets on br0, I see
that an arp request is being sent for 192.168.0.3, but I dont see the arp
replies or the subsequent ping request replies go through br0 at all/(in
tcpdump). But vm1 is receiving ping replies from vm2, and has the correct
arp entry for vm2. Why am I not able to see these subsequent packets while
capturing on br0?

Thanks!