[ovs-discuss] openvswitch configs Disappears when restart the server

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Aug 6 17:47:40 UTC 2012

Please keep this on the list.

> - and when insert "insmod data/linux/openvswitch_mod.ko" this message appear: insmod:error inserting 'datapath/linux/openvswitch_mod.ko': -l invalid module format

It doesn't seem like your kernel module is built properly.  Are you ever able to pass traffic?

> - with command "ovs-vsctl add-br OF" this message appear:  Aug 06 21:09:11|00002|stream_unix|ERR|/tmp/stream-unix.3470.0: connection to /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock failed: No such file or directory

This indicates that ovsdb-server isn't running.  My guess is that you're not properly starting the daemons.

It seems like there are a number of issues going on here.  Have you read INSTALL.RHEL, which should be pretty close to what you need for CentOS?

--Justin