[ovs-discuss] openvswitch configs Disappears when restart the server

behnam saberi b.saberi7762 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 05:04:52 UTC 2012

hi
 my problem exist in this page (in middle of page), but no solution offered
for this problem .

http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2012-April/016295.html

*Yesterday, when I ran the ovs-vsctl commands, I was able to
successfully*>>* > start my VMs, I had a power outage, and the machine
was rebooted, today*>>* I*>>* > am unable to "add the bridge" again,
because it already exists, but I am*>>* > unable to use the
bridge.*>>**>>* That is strange.  What's in the OVS log from the time
that*>>* ovs-vswitchd started up?
**I am attempting to use OpenV Switch as a replacement for the
standard*>>>* bridge controls for KVM.*>>>**>>>* After a reboot, I am
receiving the following error when attempting to*>>>* start my KVM
VMs:*>>>**>>>* root at kitt
<http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev>:~# virsh start
solo.rebase.ubuntu-server-11.10-oneiric-x86_64*>>>* error: Failed to
start domain*>>>* solo.rebase.ubuntu-server-11.10-oneiric-x86_64*>>>*
error: Unable to add bridge br0 port vnet0: Invalid argument*>>>**>>>*
I had this problem yesterday, and resolved it by creating the bridge
by*>>>* running the following commands,*>>>**>>>* ovs-vsctl add-br
br0*>>>* ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth1*>>>**>>>* When running these
commands today, I receive the following errors:*>>>**>>>* root at kitt
<http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev>:~# ovs-vsctl add-br
br0*>>>* ovs-vsctl: cannot create a bridge named br0 because a bridge
named br0*>>>* already exists*>>>* root at kitt
<http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev>:~# ovs-vsctl add-port
br0 eth1*>>>* ovs-vsctl: cannot create a port named eth1 because a
port named eth1*>>>* already exists on bridge br0*

plz help me, if anyone solve this problem