[ovs-discuss] Unexpected retransmissions

Abhishek Chanda abhishek.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 01:03:44 UTC 2012

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply.
I ran tcpdump on all interfaces and it shows the same thing:
retransmissions on the switch side and no retransmissions on the client
side. I observed that, the behavior is exactly the same if I remove my
controller (floodlight) and let OVS be in default mode without any custom
flows. I am wondering if this is a problem with my configuration. Here is
what I did:

1. Added four tap devices on a Ubuntu box, brought them up
2. Assigned each tap device as an interface to 4 VMs on Virtualbox
3. Created a bridge in OVS and added all tap devices as ports to the bridge
4. Turned on the VMs and assigned IP addresses (now all VMs can ping each
other)
5. Hosted a web server on one VM and accessed it from a client on another

Am I missing something here?

Thanks