[ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch Xenserver 6

Mauricio Perez mauricioestperez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:27:26 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

         I'm trying to use Open vSwitch in Xenserver 6, but my license is
free. I've seen that Xenserver 6 uses a network backend as openvswitch by
default. I can see that on the file /etc/xensource/network.conf. I can run
the "ovs-vsctl" commands, apparenttly it works, because it don't give me
any error.
         I've tyred to run:
             ovs-vsctl add-br br0
             ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0
             ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap0 tag=1

But when I run ifconfig it doen't show me the interfave br0 or an interface
tap0. And I'm not figuring how to make the VM's use the VLAN interface.
Does anyone know how Xenserver works with Open vSwitch and there is any
place where I can find how to work with it and even see if it is working?
It will be very helpfull.

Thank's,
Maurício