[ovs-discuss] How to make the flow entry live in flow table permanently?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Aug 28 04:02:45 UTC 2012

As documented in the ovs-ofctl man page, unless you are using an ancient version of OVS, there is no timeout:

       idle_timeout=seconds
              Causes  the  flow to expire after the given number of seconds of
              inactivity.  A value of 0 (the default)  prevents  a  flow  from
              expiring due to inactivity.

       hard_timeout=seconds
              Causes  the  flow  to  expire after the given number of seconds,
              regardless of activity.  A value of 0 (the  default)  gives  the
              flow no hard expiration deadline.

--Justin