[ovs-discuss] "ovsdb-tool"

Rob Sherwood rob.sherwood at bigswitch.com
Thu Aug 30 14:53:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 5:52 AM, rahim entezari <rahim.entezari at gmail.com>wrote:

> hello
> when i use this command : "ovsdb-tool create
> /usr/local/etc/openvswitch/conf.db vswitchd/vswitch.ovsschema"this
> error comes up:"
>
> 2012-08-30T21:18:00Z|00001|lockfile|WARN|/usr/local/etc/openvswitch/.conf.db.~lock~:
> failed to lock file (after 0 ms, with 0-ms timeout): Resource
> temporarily unavailable
> ovsdb-tool: I/O error: /usr/local/etc/openvswitch/conf.db: failed to
> lock lockfile (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> "

I believe this means you already have a copy of ovsdb-server running and
it's locked the config.  You should kill the daemon before initializing the
config.  That said, given that the daemon is up and running, the
configuration has likely already been initialized so my guess is that you
don't need to run this step.

- Rob
.