[ovs-discuss] query

sonny sonny sonny085 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 04:07:05 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,

I am calculating flow setup performance by below command *
1000 --time 5*
Every time when I execute this command I saw drastic change in results .

Query:
1. I want to know that is *rate* only criteria through which I can
calculate the flow setup performance
How it will confirmed as tripled?
2. Is there any other way(or tool) through which I can calculate the exact
performance change ?

Regards,
Sonny

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Justin Pettit <jpettit at nicira.com> wrote:
> Your summary sounds correct, but I'm not sure if there was a question
there or not.

> --Justin
>

> On Aug 29, 2012, at 8:53 PM, sonny sonny <sonny085 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Justin!
>>
>> It means the time taken to create facet is the flow setup.
>> I saw ovs-benchmark works for its performance but couldn't understand
>> how the it will check the performance of facet creation and how it
>> will verify that it is tripled.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sonny
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Justin Pettit <jpettit at nicira.com>
wrote:
>>> The Linux kernel module caches exact-match flow entries of active
flows, which allows for fast lookup.  Most of the OVS intelligence is in
userspace, which supports things like wildcards.  That flow setup
performance relates to how quickly userspace can set those exact-match
flows up in the kernel.