[ovs-discuss] ovsdb-server

Adrià García-Alzórriz adria.garcia-alzorriz at adam.es
Fri Aug 31 09:20:20 UTC 2012

El dv 31 de 08 de 2012 a les 04:09 -0400, en/na rahim entezari va
escriure:
> when i use command NO 8,i mean :"[root at localhost openvswitch-1.7.0]#
> ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock \"
> nothing happens! Neihter  a responsone nor an error! the cursor just
> flashing in the next line on the right of symbol "<" and nothing
> happens!

Actually, this is a single command, so you can type all parameters in a
single line, without backslashes (\), as follow below:

ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
--remote=db:Open_vSwitch,manager_options
--private-key=db:SSL,private_key --certificate=db:SSL,certificate
--bootstrap-ca-cert=db:SSL,ca_cert --pidfile --detach

Anyway, I executed command that you posted in my sandbox and worked for
me without any errors:

root at ubunsdbox:~# ovsdb-server
--remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock \
>                      --remote=db:Open_vSwitch,manager_options \
>                      --private-key=db:SSL,private_key \
>                      --certificate=db:SSL,certificate \
>                      --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:SSL,ca_cert \
>                      --pidfile --detach
root at ubunsdbox:~#

So, I think you was misstypping the command. Did you try to paste it
from README.Linux or whatever file into your prompt?

BTW, if it doesn't work, could you post what's your OS and shell?

> Please help me :)

Hope it helps.

--
Adrià García-Alzórriz <adria.garcia-alzorriz at adam.es>