[ovs-discuss] Compatibility with Linux Kernels

Sudhakar Gariganti sudhakar.gariganti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:21:09 UTC 2012

Hi Umair,

I too faced a similar issue. You are right that it is issue with the kernel
compatibility.
I guess, OVS 1.7.1 version supports kernels upto 3.3 (please check the
datapath/datapath.c source code file for more information on the
compatibility of the kernel)
If you plan on building OVS on Ubuntu 12.10, better to pull out the latest
code from git and give a try.

This is the observation from my limited experiences.

Others please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Sudhakar