[ovs-discuss] Packaging OVS into .deb installers

Sudhakar Gariganti sudhakar.gariganti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:56:37 UTC 2012

Hi ,

I am trying to build the OVS installers using the 'dpkg-buildpackage'
command as specified in the INSTALL file.

But its failing with the following trailing output :
*
make: *** [build-arch-stamp] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2*

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 and pulled the latest code from the master
branch.

P.S: I see that after running the command "dpkg-buildpackage" , it runs the
testsuite. I observed few that testcases failed.

Do I need to make any changes to generate the installers??Can installers be
generated for any version or just the stable versions(1.4.3 ,1.7.1 etc)
listed on the website??

Thanks,
Sudhakar